Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Senior Finances – Simplified - Post 1


My name is Fred. I am a 66-year-old senior citizen. I was a senior executive in several large companies such as IBM and ITT. I still run several successful companies and that I would like to share my knowledge with others….as I have seen many that struggle with finances due to lack of Knowledge

At the age of about 50, I started looking at the company’s pension plans as well as the government programs. What I found has shocked. It takes a lot of hard work to try to understand how “OUR” money is invested and in most cases; we are not making much headway in growing out money to support our retirement. The years from 2008 – 2015 have seen a lot of investment accounts and 401k plans lose money (in many cases a lot of money). Many seniors who planned on retiring will now have to work another 5 to 10 years because of these problems.

Seniors need to understand their investments in simple language so they can stop losing money.

This blog will address in simple language how you are being taken for a ride on your investments and what you can do about it. I will give specific strategies to help you make and keep your money and steer your away from money holes. I get nothing out of it. I just want to help those that are unfamiliar with investments

We do not nor have we ever sold any financial investment products. The advice given is from years of research into my own accounts and gives practical tips in plain language so it can be easily understood. We have no vested interests

If there were topics, you would like me to address, please put them on the blog
This blog will be update weekly.

What are people worried about
These results are from Gallup's annual Economy and Personal Finance poll, conducted April 3-6, 2014.

They show the top financial concerns of in various age brackets

Please note that the number one fear is not having enough money for retirement.


I hope you will follow along with me in sharing 15 years of my own learning and research into the subject.
Speak to you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment